The leica disto buyers guide
Helping you choose the right laser measure
Here at The Tape Store we pride ourselves on the quality of the products we sell. That applies to pocket tapes, surveyors’ tapes and measuring wheels but especially laser measures. Make the wrong choice when buying one of these and you could become the victim of unreliability, inaccuracy and shoddy build quality.
Which Leica DISTO is right for me?
That’s why we encourage our customers to only buy laser measures from Leica Geosystems. Leica invented the laser measure with the very first model being released in 1993. Not only were they the pioneers of this revolutionary new technology, they have continued to stay at the forefront of laser measure product development ever since. Still the laser measure manufacturer for anyone who values accuracy, reliability, build quality and usability, in many professionals’ eyes there’s simply no comparison between the competition.
Today there are 9 DISTO ™ laser measures in the Leica range but boy are they all different. They range in price from £90 (ex. VAT) to well over £1,000 (ex. VAT) – quite a considerable range! As a result, unless you already know which one you need, there are a number of questions that you have to ask yourself before settling on the right DISTO™ for you.
This section has been put together to make choosing the right DISTO ™ simplicity itself. Below you’ll discover two simple, easy to understand table showing the pros and cons of the various models in the DISTO ™ range. If this doesn’t help straight after you’ll find a short question and answer section that should give you all the information you need to confidently make the right decision.
- Leica DISTO Comparison Table
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I buy a DISTO over a conventional tape measure?
- What makes a Leica DISTO better than other laser measures?
- Which Leica DISTO should I buy for measuring outdoors?
- Which Leica DISTO should I buy for measuring indoors?
- I need to measure past obstacles. Which DISTO is right for me?
- I need to measure slopes and pitches. Which DISTO should I buy?
- My tools can be exposed to bumps, knocks, drops, water or dust. Which DISTO should I go for?
- What is the maximum distance than can be measured with a DISTO?
- I need to transfer my measurement data to another device (e.g. a PC or tablet)… what are my options?
- I just want a simple, reliable and accurate laser measure. Which DISTO is right for me?
- I don’t need the accuracy or functionality of a Leica DISTO. Do you offer other, less expensive, laser measures?
- Why should I buy a Leica DISTO through The Tape Store?
- Other outlets offer free delivery on all Leica DISTO laser measures. Can I get the same through The Tape Store?
Leica DISTO Comparison Tables
The following tables compares all the key features, technical specifications and functions of each DISTO ™ against the rest of the model range. To make it easier for you to find the model you need, we’ve split the range into those more suited for indoor use and those also suited for use outdoors.
|Technical Specifications||D110||D2||D210||X310||D3a BT|
|Price (ex. VAT)||£87.00||£69.99||£99.00||£145.00||£299.00|
|Price (inc. VAT)||£104.00||£83.99||£118.80||£174.00||£358.80|
|Measurement range (m)||60||60||80||120||100|
|Measurement accuracy (mm)||± 1.5||± 1.5||± 1.0||± 1.0||± 1.0|
|Measurement units||m, in, ft||m, in, ft||m, in, ft||m, in, ft||m, in, ft|
|Bluetooth® data transmission|
|Bluetooth® smart connectivity|
|Power Range Technology™|
|Multi-function end-piece (able to measure from corners and edges)|